Judith
Moffat
Children’s
Book Author and Illustrator
The
Creativity Sketchbook Challenge
Tuesday,
October 14, 5:30-6:30
MRC
4 (Open to the Public)
Judith
Moffat is an internationally recognized artist, illustrator and author.
Moffat
will be presenting selections from and observations on her sketchbook process, having started a disciplined practice of sketching as a young girl
in high school. After presenting her
process, Moffat will lead the attendees in a mandala sketch—showing
participants how to create a mandala for reflection and
meditation.
After
time working in advertising, Moffat pursued an ambitious and successful career in children’s book illustration. She has published over
50 books, receiving numerous illustration awards: Too Many Rabbits was recognized as an American Pick of the List
selection, The Sun-Maid-Raisin Play Book was
a Children’s Book of the Month Club main selection, and I Am a... Nature Reader
science series received an Oppenheim Best Book Gold
Award. Her magazine pieces have received
awards from The Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, Highlights for
Children Magazine and the Association
of Educational Publishers.
This event is
a part of the Creativity Sketchbook Challenge, sponsored by the Center for
Program Innovation, the College of Arts & Sciences, and the Department of
English and Cultural Studies.

I AM SO SORRY THAT I WILL OUT OF TOWN AND MISSING THIS PRESENTATION. I LOOK FORWARD TO A FULL REPORT BY THE REST OF THE CLASS.
ReplyDeleteVery excited for our next class
ReplyDeletePainting and drawing in front of other people will be a challenge in itself.
ReplyDelete